Thursday, August 31, 2006

Frailty, Thy Name Is Fate and Vacations

Judging by the mauling the Carolinas and Environs are getting in the next couple days, my humble three-day vacation in North Carolina looks fucked. No, I'm sorry, fuckt. A derivative, angrier version of fucked, if you will. The drive down was going to be awesome. Now it appears it could be death defying. Unless, however, the weather gods are merciful... And I was really looking forward to exploring the coast a little bit. Now my office manager tells me I'll be one of the lonely headed in that direction.
Whatever. I'll go somewhere again, because frailty, thy name ISN'T Porcupine.

In other news, the tooth situation has, uh, straightened itself out. (seriously, it's too easy.)

So Naguib Mahfouz, who shares a birthday with me, died. Most obits about him have sucked. I mean, suckt. Here's a decent one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never fear, there will still be beer, board games and the pool.