Saturday, April 21, 2007

Four hours of Wikipedia

I have read Wikipedia for most of the day, today. I am addicted. I know the origins of flotsam and jetsam, what feudalism means (it's disputed!) what Indian Jats and Indo-Scythians are and, forgive me, details about teen heartthrob Adam Brody.
Remember in "Buffy" when Tara gets shot and Willow loses her mind seeking revenge, goes to the magic shop and puts her hand on a pile of dark magic books and you literally see the words go crawling up her arms and into her head... and her hair turns black?
My hair's black. But not in the evil way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's addictive, to be sure. My former co-worker could tell you a thing or two about that ;-D

Seriously, it's a great place to burn a few hours and fill your mind up with things that interest you.

For instance, I just learned, courtesy of Wiki, that in parts of Africa and Arabia, porcupines are eaten as bushmeat. Who would have known?

Anonymous said...

Interesting RE: jetsom. I wonder if "jettison" and "jetsom" are somehow related.