Wednesday, April 4, 2007

A blessed half hour of television

Just went to my mom's home for a half-hour respite. Been having neck and shoulder issues and I desperately needed to lie down and breathe deeply. While doing so, I watched a PBS show about the adventures of a near-adolescent aardvark named Arthur and his friends Buster, his bratty sister DW and an assortment of other mammalian friends. I am beginning to realize this is hands-down my FAVORITE SHOW ON TELEVISION. It's like tea time, or like smoking a bowl, or like a deep-tissue massage. It's so relaxing. Really. I so-not-facetiously recommend it to anyone seeking some gentle, uplifting television after a hard day. Or during one. It is nicely written and morally edifying. Again, no sarcasm here. Give it a whirl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that! It's amazing how different children's television looks to us as adults compared to when we were kids. Of course, as a child in the mid-70s, I never even picked up on the homo-eroticism in shows like Batman and Happy Days...or maybe I'm just projecting now?

Anonymous said...

The Christian Right and that idiot Margaret Spellings (the Educamation Secretary)
pressured PBS to cancel an episode because it showed a gay family.

I despise Spellings. She really is a fucking idiot. Why are all of Bush's closest confidantes fucking lumps? Oh, wait: birds of a feather...