Tuesday, January 16, 2007

So this knocked me out when I first read it in college. (hey. why didn't I read this until college?) And when it was presented to me recently, it knocked me the hell out again. I present it to you, my wacky agglomeration of readers, if you care. It's Martin Luther King, Jr's letter from a Birmingham jail.
Glib television mentions, and forced tributes aside, he was a phenom.

In other news, a sublime moment on the Golden Globes yesterday when Mexican filmmaker Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, who won for "Babel," took the time before accepting his award to turn and assure Calif. Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger that he was in the country legally.
"I swear I have my papers in order, governor, I swear," Gonzalez reportedly said, prior to his speech.
Arnold smiled, but I'd like to think it made his irresponsibly veiny neck tighten in discomfort. Dickhead. Anyways, when it makes it's way onto YouTube, it'll be worth the trouble of posting. These are somewhat meaningless moments, but joyful nonetheless.

In other news, I need a new transitional phrase. Help me out writers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Porc -- welcome back to the blogosphere, my friend!

Anonymous said...

In the hope that I can coax you out of your shell, I've found an entire Web page full of transitional phrases.

Now, can Porc come out and play?