Tuesday, January 23, 2007

So I am flying on an airplane tonight. I am scared because I have a phobia. But also: metal winged chariots of death hurtling through interminable space? Not totally irrational to be scared.

I am reading The Inheritance of Loss and Midnight's Children for the occasion. Both by desi writers. I also am reading "Walden" (still). Aren't I so cool, hip and above it all?
I'm going to London to visit an adored cousin. She's got the kind of personality I could only wish for: solicitous, warm, good-natured, patient.
In other news, I'm still as afraid as I was in Sentence No. 1.

Finally, tonight is the president's SOTU. Which scares me in a much more fundamental way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the airplane thing, but there so little that you could actually do about it if there WERE to be a problem...still, it's hard to deal with the feeling that you're actually putting your fate in someone else's hands.

Have a safe trip, and take some pictures.

Anonymous said...

I keep checking here, expecting some commentary on being a Desi in England, or the great food your having, or some socio-political issue...but there's NOTHING! :-(