Saturday, November 29, 2008

It is November 28th

A lot has happened since my last post. Barack Obama, establishment Democrat extraordinaire, was elected president of the United States. Crowds spilled out into streets all across the land and in many other parts of a gladder, radder world. I watched it unfold, in disbelief, on television. It was awesome.

Most recently and tragically, however - and ongoing as I write this - a series of bombings and shootings in Bombay has killed more than 150 people, including at least 15 foreigners. The horror has been documented in endless repeat-loop reels run by the Foreign News Media Machine, most notably CNN. They - in all understatement - have done a terrible job of covering the story. But I won't belabor that complaint in this post. I'm just saddened by the tragedy that has killed so many innocent people including, but not limited to, Hindus, Jews, Christians AND Muslims. I worry about what this tragedy might be used to justify but it's a bit much to cling to knowing conclusions right away. So, for now, with a prayer, I'll move on.

I urge readers to turn off the television, put away all else and immediately download Duran Duran's greatest hits, including "New Moon On Monday" and "Save A Prayer." Then shut your eyes, move your mouth into the overbite position and get down with your bad selves. If you follow these instructions, I predict 20 percent growth in your Happiness GDP.

No comments: