Tuesday, December 5, 2006

What Is The What

Sorry for the recent absence. It is part lack of inspiration, part lack of will. Mostly, I am jealous of Sean's web site and don't feel like investing in this mediocre operation when there is such HTML beauty to be had.
Here's what's going on:
--I can only talk about my recent life, which is a string of increasingly bewildering struggles against the forces of evil. I will define the evil in future posts. Suffice to say, they are an insidious bunch and I need to move to another country.
--Coincidentally, I am looking for a new job. In another country.
--I watch the following T.V. shows: Battlestar Galactica, Grey's Anatomy, Lost, Heroes, Veronica Mars. I do it with joy.
--I love people from Minnesota. A LOT.
--Hillary needs to not run. Giuliani and McCain are snakes in the grass. I like saying Vilsack. Sounds dirty.
--All good writers should write books like What Is The What.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK...a few thoughts.

About that tag line. "Into the prickly unknown. Bring leg warmers." Is this a cry for help because you don't shave your legs since the accident in the bathroom stall at the office? Does this tie in with the new job thing?

(the under-the-breath psuedo-chuckle indicates, of course, that i'm kidding)

most importantly, you were born to write. so do it! but don't let yourself get dragged down by the crap that floats all around you. you (and me) will only be as happy as we allow ourselves, which i must admit is damned hard these days. christ, this morning i woke up to hear that black dude from electric company (HEY YOU GUYS!!!) on the radio begging president bush to do something to end the genocide in darfur! how much harder can it get?

(in my thinly veiled attempt to slyly prove that i have street cred, i meant to say 'morgan freeman,' not 'that black dude.' but even in the midst of my all-lowercase cool-cat diatribe, notice how i still keep ap style when it comes to punctuation and quotation marks? i'm a WRITER baby. never forget.)

hang in there, porc. you're not along. a lot of really decent people are struggling with all this crap. we're taking the place of billions of decent people who came before us. we're the cool kids on this playground, and a lot of jackass redneck bullies from texas and beyond aren't going to break our spirits.

so there.

Anonymous said...

It's funny, and kinda depressing, that I wasn't even thinking of politics when I was discussing evil. But thanks for shot in the arm anyhow, monkey.

Anonymous said...

well hey, i gotta have something to pin my frustrations on, you know?

and that is a big part of my frustration -- that the political process in our nation, our bastion of freedom and values, doesn't do more to get rid of the evil in the world. poverty and pollution are two of the biggest evils i can think of! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Perk up Porc. And please bring forth these raging posts against evil. And you're not talking about politics? What else are you raging against these days? Could it be a certain industry that is (ahem) "built on a tower of mortal folly that has yet to appropriately reward your natural, graceful and effortless superstardom?"

P.S. I promise I'll update my blog soon and get that post about your shitty attitude off the top of the page. :)

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Battlestar Galactica, I am a good four episodes behind. I thought my TiVo was capturing them while the TV was buried under construction stuff, but the TiVo ended up recording only one channel because it couldn't change the channel on the cable box. Woe is me.