Tuesday, May 9, 2006

My Spanish Teacher is Awesome

Ever have those moments where you are happy? Those moments come to me in my Spanish class at 7 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays. With the Croation guy who sits next to me and greets me with "namaste" and other words he learns from yoga, and the French guy who is a model student, or the Korean guy, the Czech girl, we make a motley but enthusiastic set. And it's all because of Carla, our Spanish teacher. My Spanish teacher does her job so well, she makes you remember how work is supposed to be: a job you love, that you do well, and that gives to others. Anyhow, point is I love my Spanish teacher and want to marry her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

where do you take spanish, if it's not too top secret? could it be at the "graduate school" offered by an agriculturally oriented government agency? i ask because that's where i took spanish, and i loved my teacher, too. a corpulent nicaraguan who fancied herself spanish (as in, una mujer de espaƱa) or argentinean. but my classmates were all contracted security guards who, while working the front doors in federal buildings, wanted some kind of 25 percent pay bonus that comes with being able greet people in spanish and english. it certainly didn't have the u.n., sitting-in-a-loft-watching-rent-on-dvd feeling that you've described from your class.

Anonymous said...

First of all, mad points to Sean for coming through in the clutch and being the FOURTH person to comment on my blog here. And a note to the two people who connect me to him who have yet to post comments: aren't you ashamed?
Sean, it was at an illustrious area community college, but the atmosphere was wholly owing to the teacher, not to the college itself.

Anonymous said...

hey. see above, john cusack.

Anonymous said...

I'm a blog-loving mad man, baby! Though you couldn't really tell from my own blog, but I'm working on that. Really. I just gotta free myself from prison I've been serving in for the last 175 weeks. Oh, wait, I forgot...I'm already sprung! ¡¡¡Mad props to the Sean!!! (Seriously, I'm just kidding. I had too much caffeine in the prison today, and my ears are still ringing from it.)